Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Stone-terd-henge & 2008 Reflection

The big news from a couple weeks back...my dog pooped Stonehenge! I walked him and was waiting for him to finish is dog bidness when I noticed him sniffing something. It was his terd standing straight up on end!! Like a BIG ONE. I took off running for the house yelling for Mr Man to get me the camera...then went running back to the field of said terd on end. Mr Man of course joined me since judging from my excitement it was something to behold. (note - he did not run like I did...matter of fact he didn't even walk fast but he did come to see it.) So I looked and looked and looked ...no terd statue. Then I found it...gravity had apparently won. I spun around and said "Stand it back up for me so I can get a picture!" I don't recall exactly but I think the response was something like "have you lost you f-ing mind". So no photo documentation...trust me I would have posted it.

2008 Review
A whole lot happens in a trip around the sun doesn't it? I've said it before but it worthies itself repeated. On paper 2008 looks a little rough. Having lived through the everydays of it I'd have to stand up and argue differently. I doubt I've ever experienced the amount of change in the same amount of time that the last 366 days have brought. Its not hard to pinpoint the one thing that had the biggest impact on me. And I guess in death's defense I've always teetered on the ledge and have been waiting for some time for something to blame for jumping off the ride. Mr Man and myself have the conversation on occasion that we have stood through more storms in the time we've been together than most people go through possibly ever. It's had a very zen like effect on me. We walked down to the boat landing last week with Roger to feed the seagulls old bread and a little over halfway there it started raining so we turned around...raining doesn't really describe it. It freakin poured...and thundered and I have a freak of a dog when it thunders. We found a porch to hang out on and talked about nothing in particular...then decided to walk on since it was probably not going to stop until May or something. If it wouldn't have been for the dog setting pace we probably wouldn't have even walked fast. This in the past would have shorted me out. There have been so many things that have happened that would rank at least 7.5 or higher on life's Richter scale that nothing really gets a rise out of me anymore. There's something to be said for even keel.
Christmas was ok...mom wasn't as weepy as I had anticipated...there was a big picture of daddy but it was odd being in their house and him not being there... but we carry on. New Years Eve last year was about as icky as Thanksgiving... Mr X had moved on from stalking to humping legs and bedding down any and all takers. This year was great...I was cuddled up in the bed with Mr Man and thanks to some drunk texter got woken up just in time to watch the ball drop.

I can honestly say I have no regrets this year...but here are some of the things I know now.
-I am not built for sobriety
-If you leave cat food out over night you will really be feeding Rocky the Raccoon
-Sex should not be limited to birthdays, holidays and special occasions
-If you run screaming thru the house that your multi color terd is stuck in the toilet it really doesn't translate well...or get the superhero help that you were hoping for
-The earth doesn't stop spinning or even slow down for anyone
-No matter what - They can't eat you
-The only things you regret in life are the risks you didn't take
-If you have a chance to be happy you grab it with both hands and the hell with the consequences

Maybe next year I'll start acting my age....turn a new leaf over my wicked ways....get a real job and start pulling my weight....only 365 day until I change my ways.

No comments: