Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Night...HGTV muted

#1 - First and foremost...I start my first bartending gig on Monday!!! HOOTY HOO for me! I'm quite stoked. It's working 3 nights a week (which translates into - 3 nights a week I'm going to be sober) at a hotel bar but everything starts with baby steps...I'm just happy to be baby stepping on a new path...not to mention it's smoke free. Score me.

#2 - I downloaded pictures from the camera and realized all the shit I forgot to tell you about. We went to the boat show in Ft. Lauderdale the last of Oct / first of Nov. We didn't rent a car because you could walk a couple of blocks and take the ferry or a bus to any of the boat show sites. We were hoofing it across this big ass bridge when the horn blew and a little pedestrian railroad arm came down (idiot protection...which I completely disagree with...if a vertical f-ing wall of concrete and steel doesn't deter you I'm just thinking the human race might be stronger without ya) I was probably more entertained by it than I should have been...I even made Mr Man pose in front of it but he's made me swear no testosterone pics on the blog you just get the bridge....I was such a tourist.
Then we see this from the bridge....If I were a betting chick I would probably say these folks are not surviving off of unemployment like some of us are now...WTF is all I have to say. In case you can't make out the picture the first boat has 2 helicopters a couple of jet skis and a pool on the third deck. The next over has a Hummer, Mini Cooper, 2 jet skis, 3 motorcycles, a four wheeler and what looks to be about a 30 ft w/ 2 engines inside of it. (It doesn't show up in the picture but one of these f-ers has a blimp in the cargo garage. Again I say...wtf.
We did find this which seemed to be much more functional for our kind...
#3 - Finally something was done with the gazillion crab legs that we had frozen from the summers crab season. We funked up my house and picked crab meat for no less than like 3 hours or so....Picture 1 is a shot of the pre-picked crab legs...we had maybe 5 pots of them (really I don't remember...it just seemed like the crab legs where doing rabbit mating and it was killin' me). Picture 2 is of the entire amount of crab meat we wound up getting out of them. Now you must remember...this was two very efficient adults and this is all there was. Not our fault. It did make some quite kick ass crab soup. I bought some she crab and condensed milk and added our hours of labor crab. It was worth it but I doubt you'll catch us doing it again.




#4 -Itchy and Roger. It was a foggy morning and the Man and myself were taking Rogo dog to the beach to run wild when we passed what looked like a puppy on a rock pile in a construction area...we turned around to go rescue it and found Itchy the fox. Nothing we did seem to distract him from his apparent crab contraction from a Saturday night out cattin'. I am such a pansy ass when it comes to animals and felt sooo bad for this little dude but he made a great picture.


Mr Dog was not much in a running mood this day...he was still nursing a sprained paw (a stuffed cow incident gone awry) but he did look pretty handsome in his own dog way.





He wanted me to point out his nicely tucked abs....

#5 - Lastly I will leave you with my current box office recommendation. Nanner, Mr Man and myself went to see Gran Torino last night. It was awesome. All I have to say is there are some one liners worthy of adding to any daily vocabulary.

Halle-fucking-lujah

1 comment:

Jess said...

I am a huge fan of that cooler scooter thing. I think I need one.