Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Things I'm Beginning to Figure Out

"In the end we conserve only what we love.  We will love only what we understand.  We will understand only what we are taught." - Dioum

I made a list of the things I say on a regular basis.  Sparkyism's if you will.  

- There are 2 things you can't hide. Money and stupidity..they both eventually show up.
This one is normally used in response to someone flashing around expensive stuff or being a moron.

-Timing is essential.
The biggest and smallest things in life happen when the time is right.

-Perception is reality.
This plays into the next one.

-There are only 2 things in the world that you can change - Your mind or your situation.
On an old cork board that I've hauled around forever I have a little push pin holding this up "I made some studies, and reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.  I can take it in small doses, but as a lifestyle I found it too confining.  It was just too needful...it expected me to be there for it all the time, and with all I have to do, I had to let something go.  Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled..."  I have no idea who wrote it but it speaks the truth.  If we pay attention to all the bullshit thats available for us to focus on, it's easy to stay less than happy.  Our thoughts create our feelings.  Change your thoughts or get up and pack your shit and head to an island...the choice is all yours.  We are victims to no one.

-Denial is a strong pill.
Normally this is in response to someone turning a blind eye to a blaringly obvious situation in order to maintain a lifestyle of accumulation.

-If you don't feed them or fuck them...don't worry with them.
That really narrows down the people and things that we  have right to worry about. It takes it down to Velcro and my fur babys that I need to be concerned with.  Everyone else is an adult and I believe should have all the same rights to bad decisions.

I'm learning that maybe we don't have to "figure life out".  The simple of it is this, we come here alone, we leave alone...the shit in between is called life.  Life ends when our body decides to tap out.  In our existence we are only given one human suit and we alone are responsible for it.  I don't believe that we are only allowed one trip around and get stuck listening to choirs of angels or exposed to mass heat and damnation begging for a drop of water... or whatever.  But I do understand that we only get one shot in this lifetime...with these people and this hand of cards.  I am not one that wants my trip to end early because I forgot to take care of the ONLY FUCKING THING keeping me here.  Now I'm sure there are those who would argue about my drinking, but as I see it Vodka takes the corners off of life's coffee table so that I don't bang my shins.  

All the 20 some yr olds seem to know what they are doing. From being there I can only beg to disagree. Actually the 60-70 some year olds I know are still very aware of not knowing what they are doing. The difference is with age we can admit not knowing what the fuck is going on. Of the people that think they know where they are, I'm afraid they are blissfully unaware. Much like politicians they are liars regardless. They either lie to us or lie to themselves.  I wrote that when we were in Charleston a few months back, more specifically at the Shem Creek Inn and found our way to the tiki bar that sits next door.  It was full of kids.  By kids I mean anyone mid 30's and under.  The ones that are still trying to find their way via over dressing and over spending to impress people they either don't know or don't like.  Why I have always felt so unattached to people around my age range is yet to be determined.  It's like me not being able to hang out and be one of the girls.  Most women talk about whoever leaves to go to the bathroom. Me... I forget about whoever left and am somewhat surprised when they come back.   


No comments: