Wednesday, July 9, 2008

OMG I can't believe I forgot to drunk scribble this!

Good God I left out the best part! Step back crabcakes....you have just been replaced as my all time can not pass up food. Welcome to my new contender of the best frickin thing ever put on this earth....CLAMS!!! (and yes I have already quizzed Mr Man about hunter/gathering these too...he pointed out that when you can buy them already all dug up and washed and pretty for like $3.50 a dozen I should just consider a shopper/gather mode instead). Saturday we ventured out for beer and oysters (which I also just discovered in the last year and had a similar but much much milder reaction to) and Mr Man ordered a dozen clams. OMFG there are no words to describe....I swear that I will eat clams every week for the rest of my life. WHERE THE HELL HAVE I BEEN??? I guess you've already figured that we ordered another dozen.... Bad thing about me...I kinda get stuck on things. So for the entire rest of the day our conversations were littered with tourette's like clam outbursts. Completely random in the middle of a sentence and they were accompanied by arm gestures. So when we got back to the house....I was sent for salted butter (this crap is god in solidified stick form....and will unfortunately send you to see him at a much too young age) and Mr Man went and got us 4 dozen clams!!! We steamed them on the grill and ate until we almost yakked. In case you were wondering, 2 clam obsessed adults can only hold 4 dozen clams and 4 slaughtered crabs.....thats it...trust me do not try to cross the border.

I just had to pass this along...If you are one of the poor lost sheltered souls that has never tried clams, DROP WHAT YOU ARE DOING and get your ass to the closest clam bake. You will thank me later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that you're hooked, most Walmarts have frozen clams in the seafood section. I think the bag has 2 dozen for about $4.00. I mix half and half Texas Pete and cocktail sauce to HEAT 'em up. Not as good as fresh, but heh!
JJ