Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bachelorette Breakfast

Sunday morning 8:13 I am cooking stir fry.  No not from scratch...from bag + extra broccoli and yes it required me to spray the shit out of it with the aerosol oil because I still do not have any real olive oil.  Pretty sure I almost completely forgot to eat yesterday.  Unless watermelon and peanut butter can be considered meals.  By the way, if all one eats in a day is watermelon ones body takes on the digestive ability that it shows with corn.  In case you needed to know. 
You may ask yourself...is that the same loaf of bread that was talked about in May??  Yep and as you can see its missing about 3 pieces-ish.  Thinkin about hooking it up in a topsy turvy planter on the balcony and growing some antibiotics...taking health care reform into my own hands. 

Happenings of late.  I painted my kitchen red....flame actually.  I dig it.  More painting to come.  Also I purchased myself a big ass TV.  Most asked question/statement so far...So you decided to get cable?  Um...no.  I stepped out of mainstream media some where about late March/early April when I decided trying to work television into my life just took more effort than I was willing to muster.  Now that I have a TV the size of Rhode Island I feel no differently.  I haven't missed it for one second but must admit I would consider this same behavior during football season a sin.  What I have been doing is watching the Sopranos box set.  Sopranos + me during tourist season = trouble and/or potential for disaster and everyone at work has pointed this out.  It is only a matter of time before I walk up to a table and ask "How YOU doing?" with my little southern accent then snatch one of them out of their seat and pummel the shit out of them all Tony Soprano like...then stand up, straighten my little shirt and ask the rest of the table what salad dressing they'll be having.  The warning has been laid out there...do not be the one.

Roger dog is back on his exercise program.  As with most Jenny Craigers he had fallen off the wagon.  Mainly because I suck but also because 3 moves in 8 months isn't really conducive to setting up routines and sticking to them.  Life has settled down and Velcro has settled me down to loving mornings and one dog is back on check mark track.  He has decided not to give up his peanut butter habit for sake of health...much like my choice with vodka.

Not feeling weird about Father's Day at all.  Time is an amazing healer.  Time takes care of everything but it takes everything away too.  It's your best friend and worst enemy rolled into one.  I love the reckless abandon of kids on the beach.  Absolutely nothing matters past the next 2 seconds to them.  Time turns us into grown ups... and we loose that... and keep waiting for happy to just happen to us. Then that beautiful healing Time sneaks up on us.  It's not as forgiving coming from the other direction.  I wish Daddy hadn't ran out of Time.


No comments: