Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Changes

On a warm day in February I took a step into a new life.  Another temporary parking spot for my fuzzy green bath mat to cock block my little toes from another cold floor.  My Velcro held my hand and the other end of the couch.  I struggle internally with being simple sometimes.  There is fine line between minimalist and loser. There's also a fine line between caring what people think and not giving a fuck.  I have no microwave...it's not about money... I'm just struggling with the commitment...minimalist or loser? My dvd shit the bed so Friday night we took the whipcream vodka (proof that God loves us), pork skins and a blankie to the car and piled up in the back seat to watch Fight Club in the driveway...it made me little girl giggly happy.  I like that I'm that kind of simple and that Velcro likes me for it. 

I'm really unsure of my purpose...here in the big picture.  I seem to come along into people's lives when they've lost hope of happiness.  With no effort of my own, through me they see a different way to look at the world and life.  It's not one person that makes the world a beautiful place...when your world is beautiful they are drawn into it.  The weight to keep it beautiful is never someone else's...you're the only one that has that power. 

There is no explanation beyond fate of how circumstances align and the undeniable feeling that I know I've known my guy before.  Somewhere outside of my control there was a plan hatched that we show up this time and place.  Maybe you could walk with me a while...maybe I could rest beneath your smile.  Sometimes you just know that you are exactly where you are supposed to be.  And there's no better feeling in the entire world.

The question was asked...You know what we need?...and it was answered...each other. Hellaciously wonderful everydays.

No comments: