Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sex and The Lettuce Wedge...

So the other weekend Nan and I ventured for girls movie night to see Sex and The City. We were sitting at the bar having dinner and had "I spied" an awkward first date. The chick looked to be in her early 50's and the dinner date appeared to be knocking on 80's door. (Today's pharmaceuticals have really put a lot of folks back on the scene apparently.) They had their drinks and ordered then chicky disappears, we assumed to the bathroom. The dinner came and he sat and looked at it....and looked at it....and looked at it...then started poking at it and looking around. Somewhere around the second looked at it I commented that obviously she went to poo...by the time he started poking at his lettuce wedge we were convinced that she had bolted. I guess he finally figured the hell with it and ate his wedge. I had to make a toliet run to see if she was in fact hunkered up in there with a big elvis poopie or what. Nope...not there and her purse was still on the back of the chair so she had in fact not pulled the exit stage left. Now bear in mind dudero had probably already popped the earlier mentioned pharmaceuticals (and they obviously have a similar side effect to pot and cause a perma-grin) and he was scouting out his options. We had already caught way too many full denture grins ourselves and had decided that the no eye contact was the safest route. Right when we were leaving date chicky drops back in from out of the sky...we never did figure where the hell she went to make the "give me 5 mins and call with an emergency" call but I'd be more than willing to bet that he was left with more than a lettuce wedge to contend with on his on that night...

There was an absolute cutie at the quicky mart...sitting in the car with an absolute cutie dog on his lap hanging out the window. Cute dog = Chick magnet...i point this out to Nanner when she got in the car. About that time his magnetized chick came out to get in the car. Dude...the dog ate her bra. Way cutie girl...with way funky knobbly little boobs and a gray wife beater. We giggled and snorted at my "I didn't even know I was going to say it" comment and decided not only did she have freaky boobs but somewhere under that skirt was huge set of kahunas to pull that look in public. Hats off to ya Ms Weird Tits!

One well concealed flask & a jumbo diet coke to share and I was feeling like I had pulled one over on the man. We are such amateurs. Taco Bell hookers beside us sat down and pulled out BURRITOS! Not little bitty burritos....BIG freaking burritos. Whatever...I had a buzz....F- a burrito.

The girl flick turned out to be pretty good. It made me realize that we all tend to get lost in relationships...our personalities and dreams and everything that makes you who you are on your own. When it all boils down, we have to remain true to ourselves. Otherwise you just wind up pissed off that you compromised away everything that made you unique. I actually remember where I was when I said that exact line to Mr X...we were having a slightly crispy conversation about someone else....he said "well people change" and I said "its different when you compromise away everything that ever made you unique". As soon as it came out of my mouth it hit me like a ton of bricks....the conversation had just taken a shift from the other person to me....not to mention it was over. Not just the conversation...there was a fork in the road.

No comments: