Thursday, November 20, 2008

501 Reasons that Unemployment Kicks Ass

So very very sorry that I haven't kept up my end of the "keep the workin' folks entertained" deal, I've been busy...like traveling. Not to mention I haven't exactly gotten any funding to help fuel my creativity from any of you either....so we'll call that whole deal a wash.

I am so frickin' far behind on sharing the goings on of the girl that I have no idea where to start. So I'll just start with what I'm most stoked about right now and work my way around all random like. I know that's whats expected of me anyhow....why deny what you are.

Sunday is year two of the Wizard of Oz play!!! I am fully aware of my ranking of dorkness and don't give a damn. I have told every single bartender for at least the past 2 weeks. Yes, I am a bartender talker to-er. The Mr Man and myself have tickets to the afternoon show (only because that's what we went to last year and it rocked so why f with tradition). And we've also decided no beer only wine during the play...last year I missed stuff going to beer pee pee. Plus we've started drinking wine to cut back on the amount of beer and liquor. Tomato - Tomhato

So I have 2 days and I just realized I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to wear. I have over the last 2 months completely forgotten how to dress myself to not look lesbanese. And now that I've discovered fuzzy Crocs its all over. Like recently my non-lesbanese wear consists of my pink Calcutta hat....you see my concern.

Moving along. DUDE I kick so much ass you have no idea. Last week I changed the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor on my jeep. I had Mr Man guidance but didn't require but just a little actual help. I did it like a girl though...I wore gloves to keep from getting all greasy. Trust me...if I had grease under my nails at the same time as NOT wearing the pink hat...

And just for the sake of randomness...I'll leave you with a picture from Savannah. I'm pretty sure we went there in maybe late September?? Savannah is the reason that I bought my first "real" camera. I went there just to see the place and drink when I was about 22. It was a Sunday morning on River St and there was an old couple sitting at a little bistro table drinking big draft beers. She had a kercheif tied on her little white head and wore dark tourist sunglasses. I've never seen a better black & white shot. So I went home and bought a camera that cost more than my little seven dollars an hour brought me in a week. It was one of the best things I've ever done.

No comments: