Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back to Center

I knew I had written this somewhere in one of the many little spiral notebooks I keep laying around the house. So I went on a search and found it....thought about just giving snipits but liked the all of it since it still speaks exactly how I feel.


A little late on the resolution front....The short of it is this.

I am not one of them, I refuse to act like one of them to make them more comfortable. I will not run around in their little rat races. I'm no kin to rodents, so I don't have to participate in their olympic games.

I'm more content than ever to be who I am and how I am. I've settled nicely into my myself. I like that I like Buffett better than any other music. I don't have to know band names or what they look like and I like that too.

So, no resolution here, other than to never ignore the voice and always just be me. "Me" always knows best and when in doubt, find center and try again.


That last line is what I was looking for. I had managed to get a bit off center lately...who knows why, it just happens sometimes. The long beach weekend put me back on track. I only answered the phone calls I wanted to and made less than that. Committed to no plans. Showed up for social interaction when I felt like it and left the same way. It was good feeling to be able to be around people you know or to completely disappear into the beach full of tourists. My time with Mr Man and 5000 pounds of shrimp made me feel complete. Hard to believe I know that anything that involves "deveining" and fish smell can do that, but it did. And I figured out that my proximity to water is pretty important.

I sat there by myself Monday watching all these people on the beach that are my age or younger with all of their kids and families and obligations and baggage. I realized just how good I have it and how much I don't want to be anywhere but here. Here being the way and how that I am. Mr. Man said to me last night "you take my heart, you take my breath, you take my every thought". I am where I need to be...occasionally you just realize it. I found Center again.




No comments: